[TIP] nosetests not recognizing some options?

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Mon May 3 08:16:36 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Brian Jones <bkjones at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I posted about this issue here:
> http://www.protocolostomy.com/2010/04/30/nose-hates-me/
>
> And Doug Hellmann was nice enough to point me at this list, so I thought I'd
> see if anyone had seen this issue before. When I run nosetests by itself
> with no options, it seems to work fine, but using '-v' and other common
> options results in 'no such option' errors. Using file access times I was
> able to confirm that the script appears to be accessing files in the
> expected location, and I also confirmed that I don't have any other nose
> installations or weird virtualenv stuff going on. I also can see that these
> options are actually defined in config.py, so I'm a little unsure what to do
> next to debug this issue. Clue hereby solicited.

that's odd.  I can't really think of what's wrong but it seems that
something is broken at a very low level.  Do any other command line
scripts work that you've installed?  How did you install Python?  If
that doesn't turn up any clues the best way to be sure you have a
working Python is compile it from source and run its own test suite.
Run configure then make test