[TIP] Idea for GSOC : a test infrastructure for PyPI

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:44:22 PDT 2010

2010/3/22 Michał Kwiatkowski <constant.beta at gmail.com>:
[..]
> You can read about the project here:
>
> http://mousebender.wordpress.com/category/cheesecake/
>
> Besides working on Cheesecake and the Cheesecake service, I also
> contributed some patches to PyPI, signed off by Richard. The idea was
> to not only have the Cheesecake service dashboard, but to actually
> show Cheesecake scores on the PyPI itself. That's why you see
> cheesecake_* tables in PyPI database. I have those patches lying
> around somewhere, I can send you copies, but you should be able to
> find them in the PyPI repository (look around August 2006).
>
> The Cheesecake service went live in February 2007, here's a related
> discussion on distutils-sig:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2007-February/007292.html

I missed that thread. Sorry about that :/

Do you have a running instance of the project as of today ?

[..]
> I guess that sums it up. Let me know if you have more questions.

I will certainly have some in a near future :)

I am very glad someone started all of this already, I hope the GSOC
project will be accepted,
and that we can continue/help on the work that has been started

Regards
Tarek
--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org