[TIP] [Distutils] RFC: Barely minimal CI + tests + packaging in Python WAS: Guidelines for where to put tests & how to package them

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 05:46:32 PST 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> P.J. Eby wrote:

>>> ...which is all pretty grim. If you use this with other packaging tools,
>>> like, say, buildout, the testing dependencies just get dumped into your
>>> buildout, which is a bit yucky to put it mildly.
>>>
>>> How about putting them where other eggs get put but only making them
>>> available for the tests?
>>>
>>> Failing that, how about putting them somewhere temporary?
>>
>> They *are* somewhere temporary.  Buildout's not going to install them from
>> the setup.py directory, and neither will anything else.
>
> When I last tried using setuptools test_require stuff (in a buildout driven
> pylons app, iirc) I ended up with the resulting eggs dumped in the root of
> my buildout and no, the ddn't go away at the end of the test run...

I don't use buildout so I think my ideas are not of much help in this
case, but I use just virtualenv for CI and in this case AFAICR
everything remained inside the temp buildenv created for this purpose
(anyway I'll try it once again ASAIC to confirm ;o)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/