[TIP] Fail-fast testing?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Mar 5 14:50:20 PST 2010

On 05/03/2010 22:30, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2010, at 5:12 PM, Michael Foord wrote:
>

>> It would be really nice to have the ctrl-c handling default to on,
>> but perhaps an easy way of handling this is just have it default to off.
>
> It seems like tests that want to trap Ctrl-C are probably in the
> minority of the set of tests that would use the test framework, so
> defaulting to "on" with a way to control the setting should be safe
> enough.

Yeah, the only danger is the few tests that do strange things (that used
to work) will then be broken under new versions of unittest.

Apparently the bazaar tests *don't* install a signal handler, but do
test that they respond to ctrl-c by sending SIGINT. Putting a handler in
by default would then break those tests. Sounds like it has to be off by
default.

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/