[TIP] unittest2 and the future of nose

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Mar 4 14:58:18 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 22:29 +0000, Michael Foord wrote:

> Right - unittest extensibility is the *really* big wart on unittest
> that
> I would like to address. That means some kind of plugin /
> extensibility
> mechanism that doesn't suck. It needs a lot of thinking about and
> quite
> a bit (but not too much) talking about.

I have some experience and a *lot* of interest in this. Please do raise
specific proposals here... as you know I have a few ticking along in
testtools for betatesting. (testtools is about equal to unittest2, its
more extensible and has classes demonstrating that, but it doesn't
support a couple of minor 2.7 stdlib features yet).

One thing in particular - consider deleting TestRunner at this point:
I've found, with the startTestRun and stopTestRun methods on TestResult
that I no longer need a Runner class at all in my front ends.

-Rob