[TIP] unittest2 and the future of nose

J. Cliff Dyer jcd at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Mar 4 13:41:06 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 15:51 -0500, jason pellerin wrote:

> And, crucially, it must not depend on me writing 90% of the code and
> reviewing all of it. To succeed, nose2 needs to be a community project
> -- not *my* project.
>
> Which means it's not going to happen unless enough of you folks are
> interested and have time to commit.
>
> What do you think?

I think the bulk of the effort should be put into unittest(2).  Nose
came up to begin with because unittest(1) didn't do what people needed.
I think the best scenario would be to have a unittest that obviates the
need for a new nose.  Second best would be to have the new nose be as
thin a layer above unittest as possible.

Cheers,
Cliff