[TIP] unittest2 and the future of nose

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 13:13:31 PST 2010

Firstly I dont use nose but ...

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:51 PM, jason pellerin <jpellerin at gmail.com> wrote:
> nose has always been intended to be an extension of unittest -- one
> that opens unittest up, makes it easier to use, and easier to adapt to
> the needs of your crazy package or environment.
>
> Fact: unittest2 is coming:
> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles/unittest2.shtml

That doesn't mean that everybody is going to use it
;o)

[...]
> Third fact: setuptools is dying, distribute is going with it, and
> something called distutils2 is going to rise to take its place.

The express intention of breaking setuptools (and the associated
publicity ...), and especially the `test` command, is something I
don't really like *AT ALL*, especially because it has supported Python
extensions since so long ... I don't really think that phasing it out
is the right way «to save the world»

Setuptools 0.7.x is under development right now and introduces new
features ( especially for the `test` command )

> I think this all adds up to starting a new project. Call it nose2.

Good luck with this new project !

:o)

--
Regards,