[TIP] Plugin to run nosetests in multiple versions of Python

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:37:42 PST 2010

I've been meaning to make this little Nose plugin ever since Holger
extracted execnet from py.test but I'm a slacker.  Then all you great
people (and your goats) at PyCon filled me with ecstatic inspiration
to write more testing tools.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/NoseMultiVersion

A quickstart:

Globally install Nose, the plugin, and execnet in the versions of
Python you want to run tests in.  All the way back to 2.3 is
supported.  Then fire them off like this:

$ cd /your/test-suite
$ nosetests --in-python=2.3,2.4,2.5

-Kumar

PS. Let me know if it's broken for your test suite or if it doesn't
work on Windows or something.