[TIP] tox-0.8 and py.test-1.3.3 released
holger at merlinux.eu
Fri Jul 30 17:22:04 PDT 2010
just did a two test tool releases, one for tox and one for py.test.
The tox-0.8 release provides fixes and workarounds, see changelog below.
The py-1.3.3 release mainly provides fixes for terminal output.
best & thanks to the respective feedbackers/helpers,
What is tox?
Tox is a generic test runner, creating virtualenv environments
on the fly and executing your test tool of choice. It works
conveniently from a developer's terminal as well as from
a Continous Integration Server. See
What is py.test?
py.test is an easy-to-learn testing tool with many plugins
and features for integration and functional tests in Python. See
for more info.
- work around a virtualenv limitation which crashes if
PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE is set.
- run pip/easy installs from the environment log directory, avoids
naming clashes between env names and dependencies (thanks ronny)
- require a more recent version of py lib
- refactor and refine config detection to work from a single file
and to detect the case where a python installation overwrote
an old one and resulted in a new executable. This invalidates
the existing virtualenvironment now.
- change all internal source to strip trailing whitespaces
- fix issue113: assertion representation problem with triple-quoted strings
(and possibly other cases)
- make conftest loading detect that a conftest file with the same
content was already loaded, avoids surprises in nested directory structures
which can be produced e.g. by Hudson. It probably removes the need to use
--confcutdir in most cases.
- fix terminal coloring for win32
(thanks Michael Foord for reporting)
- fix weirdness: make terminal width detection work on stdout instead of stdin
(thanks Armin Ronacher for reporting)
- remove trailing whitespace in all py/text distribution files
More information about the testing-in-python