[TIP] Doctest loading in unittest(2)

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Jul 30 08:07:51 PDT 2010

On 30/07/2010 15:46, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2010, at 03:35 PM, Michael Foord wrote:
>

>> This is one of the plugins I think we could distribute as part of
>> unittest and I would like it to be actually useful. I would really
>> appreciate advice (or preferably patches ;-) on what features this
>> plugin needs to be useful to those of you who integrate doctests with
>> unittests - or even just want test discovery for doctests.
>>
> Thanks Michael.  I'll try to give this a go with some of my existing code,
> especially the ones that have setup/teardowns for building the environment
> (globals) for my doctests.

Right, it is particularly the interaction between code (python files)
and doctests that I wonder about. If you *always* (or even usually)
combine them with code then you may be better off just using
"load_tests" to load your doctests rather than using a plugin. You lose
the advantage of discovery then though.

Anyway, when you have a chance any feedback will be much appreciated.

Michael

> -Barry

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.