[TIP] testing unittest2 plugin branch Was: How to get coverage.py and unittest2 working together?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Jul 29 08:41:32 PDT 2010

On 29/07/2010 14:33, Jorge Vargas wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Michael Foord
> <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>  wrote:
>
>> On 29/07/2010 03:53, Jorge Vargas wrote:
>>
>>> [snip...]

>>> Seems like there is a problem with the event, as it is not triggering?
>>>
>>>    File "......./src/unittest2/unittest2/plugins/testcoverage.py", line
>>> 77, in stopTestRun
>>>      self.cov.stop()
>>> AttributeError: 'CoveragePlugin' object has no attribute 'cov'
>>>

>> Man that was a difficult bug to track down, thanks for the report (now
>> fixed). The issues was event handlers removing themselves during an event
>> (mutating the list of handlers whilst it is being iterated over to trigger
>> all the handlers - the code now iterates over a copy of the list of
>> handlers).
>>

> Judging from the changelog it is indeed weird :) and it is indeed fixed!
>
> Here is some progress instead of a bug report :D a little patch to add
> annotations to the coverage plugin
> http://paste.ofcode.org/NwuzWeEW4DB7W5raaac4tr

Committed with a minor change. Annotate is only called if you are
outputting a text file (it doesn't seem to make sense to do it alongside
html reports which generate html annotations).

Also I fixed a bug in generating text coverage reports which weren't
working. If you specify a directory for the text report the annotation
is put in there.

All the best,

Michael

--