[TIP] testing unittest2 plugin branch Was: How to get coverage.py and unittest2 working together?

Jorge Vargas jorge.vargas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 14:41:23 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> On 28/07/2010 21:49, Jorge Vargas wrote:
>>
>>> On 22/07/2010 21:02, Tim Hatch wrote:
>>> For what it's worth I'm now prototyping the extension mechanism for
>>> unittest/unittest2. Anyone who wants to follow along can look at the
>>> "plugins" branch of the repository at http://hg.python.org/unittest2
>>>

> Thanks - as I'm prototyping this it isn't tested yet - as you can tell. This
> is fixed though. It is nearly in a condition where I can write it up for
> this mailing list and python-dev. I expect it to still change, but I've been
> discussing it with Jason Pellerin who reports that the system is basically
> fine for "nose2" and he is porting a couple of the nose plugins to it. I'm
> very interested in feedback.

I have been looking at the code and it does seems good enough. I like
how easy writing a plugin looks.

I'm working this on my day job and at this point I can't live without
coverage reports (I'm up to 30%!), so I can commit to test this daily,
also several others plugins that I may need, perhaps I can even write
patches :D although I don't know this codebase at all....

for example the pdb plugin is currently not working as it's putting
the stop in inside unittest2, it is also doing funny things when
enabled together with checker :)

another minor thing is that I think report-html = False as you will
get normal "to the shell reports" just like nose default.

anyway it does looks really nice and I'm going to live on the edge
here so fell free to ping me :)