[TIP] including (or not) tests within your package

Alfredo Deza alfredodeza at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 17:16:45 PDT 2010

A few weeks ago in our local Python meeting someone mentioned what a drag
was to (most of the time) have to download
the source for a package they have just installed to run the tests because
the 'test(s)' directory was not included at the time
of installation.

Some packages include them (like unittest2) and some (most?) don't.

What do you guys feel about including the test directory within your package
so it is included at the time of installation?

I'm gearing towards including them, but wanted to hear your opinion about
it.

Thanks,

Alfredo