[TIP] setUp and tearDown behavior

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 06:53:03 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:32 AM, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> Michael Foord wrote:
>> On 19/01/2010 13:53, Olemis Lang wrote:
>>> [snip...]
>>>>

>>> Using standard `unittest` module ? well ... no.
>>>

>> Well - you can make setup *effectively* only run the first time using a
>> class attribute:

[...]
> I believe we handle it using "startTestRun()" and "stopTestRun()" but
> those are defined for the whole test suite, not for a subset.

-1

> A different possibility with the "test_suite()" or "load_tests()"
> paradigm, is that you can create a custom TestSuite instance that
> overloads run() (I believe) to do something like:
>
> class MySuite(unittest.TestSuite):
>
>  def run(self):
>   self.doSuiteSetup()
>   unittest.TestSuite.run(self)
>   self.doSuiteTearDown()

+1 , something like what I mentioned before (/we shooting almost at
the same time ;o) and implemented before [1]_

I just wanted to say that «the "test_suite()" or "load_tests()"
paradigm» are not needed to do that. Can be done using a custom test
loader ;o)

.. [1] dutest.DocTestSuiteFixture class @ SF.net
        (http://flioops.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/flioops/dutest/file/0b5edb8a1e26/utils/dutest.py)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Now `dutest` 1.2.3 is easy_install-able o  -
http://flioops.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/flioops/dutest/rev/0b5edb8a1e26