[TIP] Defining a convention for running tests, #2

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Feb 27 12:18:25 PST 2010

On 27/02/2010 20:13, C. Titus Brown wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've updated the README for my SomePackage example code,
>
>    http://github.com/ctb/SomePackage/blob/master/README.txt
>
> but I updated things only at the bottom of the page without integrating
> them into the example code.  I need to put some time into investigating the
> issues that came up on the previous thread, write some working code (!), bounce
> it off a few people (Michael Foord, Robert Collins, and Tarek Ziade -- anyone
> else?) and then I'll revisit the issue on the list.

Regarding:

  - Michael Foord: the 'suite' callable mentioned in unittest
    documentation isn't actually used or enforced, so it does not
    clash, collide, or make redundant the 'test_suite' collable
    convention defined in setuptools.

My *understanding* (and apparently confirmed by Philipp Eby's response)
is that test_suite in setuptools specifies a suite and not a callable.

Miichael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.