[TIP] Guidelines for where to put tests & how to package them

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:12:05 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> On 26/02/2010 19:52, Olemis Lang wrote:
>>
>>> Probably Tarek and I need to discuss how
>>> the setup.py test command should work for distutils2. It should support
>>> non-unittest tests as well (I guess?) so specifying a unittest suite is
>>> not
>>> necessarily ideal.
>>
>> Well, unittest invokes `suite` callable by default
>
> Where does unittest invoke suite callable by default?

That's what somebody told me when I was back in the school [1]_ (now
I'm an old man that forgets things ;o)

{{{
For the ease of running tests, as we will see later, it is a good idea
to provide in each test module a 'callable' object that returns a
pre-built test suite:

       def suite():
           suite = unittest.TestSuite()
           suite.addTest(WidgetTestCase("testDefaultSize"))
           suite.addTest(WidgetTestCase("testResize"))
           return suite
}}}

.. [1] Python Unit Testing Framework
         (http://pyunit.sourceforge.net/pyunit.html)