[TIP] [OT] Goats of PyCon

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 10:22:16 PST 2010

On Feb 26, 2010, at 12:34 PM, Terry Peppers wrote:

>> What's with the goats at the PyCon 2010 Testing in Python Open Space?
>
> Already answered.
>
>> I mean, goats are, in and of themselves, hilarious animals, which
>> fit with
>> the hilarity that was TiP Open Space. So although I'd understand if
>> there is
>> no reason, I'm wondering if there's a back story.
>
> I mentioned this in my writeup on PyCon on my blog:
> http://www.swordstyle.com/blog2/?p=1822
>
> But so you don't have to read the whole thing:
>
> ... when I’m doing my slides I normally come to points where I have
> the words: Why/How/Where
> on them … and traditionally I try to go with some related image to
> whatever I’m talking about.
> For some odd reason, I typed into Flickr “confused animals” and lo and
> behold I found some
> pictures of some goats. So I naively began adding them to my
> presentations.

OK, it's clear to me that we're going to have to work on this
mythology a bit because the literal origin story given above doesn't
take into account the psychic energy of the goat that influenced Terry
to select those images.  I'm sure this group can create a better back-
story than "Terry thought they looked funny."

Ponies are pretty, but goats get the job done.

Doug