[TIP] starting testrun.org for testing in python

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Feb 10 08:52:27 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:19 -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:
> > You just need some junitxml output generating
> > mechanism and a way to checkout things with svn, hg or git to get
> > started.
>
> Just to know, is there a way to setup things so as to notify the
> Hudson CI to trigger builds via webhooks ? Or nothing needs to be done
> ?

Hudson can pull or you configure your VCS to ping a URL like
http://hudson.testrun.org/pytest-xdist/build
which will start a build.  What i usually do is configure Bitbucket
to ping 'sdist' build jobs, Hudson archives the 'tar' (called an
'artefact') and have the sdist job trigger other jobs which then
just easy_install/pip-install the the artefact from a remote URL
and run the tests against it.  If you "sign up" with http://hudson.testrun.org
and send me your account name i'll make you see all the configs behind
things.  Same offer is true for everybody else.

> I confess I am not a Hudson advanced user, and besides I am biased
> after reading an article about GCode webhooks for Hudson integration
> [1]_ and similar functionalities provided by GitHub ;o)

i think that's solved by now, see above.

> > I believe (but haven't tried) that using "parametrized" builds
> > one could instrument it to test against different Python interpreter
> > versions - currently i do this rather manually.
>
> Damn !
>
> I have to make some time to try all this !
> ;o)

:)
holger