[TIP] starting testrun.org for testing in python

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Feb 10 07:45:59 PST 2010

Hi Michael, Olemis,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:30 -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Michael Foord
> <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> > On 10/02/2010 14:02, holger krekel wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> This year i plan to work a lot on testing and Python - and one of my plans
> >> is to build up some collective computing resources for testing.  Not tied
> >> any particular testing tool or practise but rather to Continous
> >> Integration
> >> methods.
> >>
> >> Here is the practical start of this effort::
> >>
> >>     http://testrun.org
> >>

> > The hudson output looks nice. Good work.
> >

> And has intermittent green thingies (I like it !!!)
>
> :P

thanks :)

If you two like to integrate dutest and unittest-ext own tests
you are very welcome :)  You just need some junitxml output generating
mechanism and a way to checkout things with svn, hg or git to get
started.  I believe (but haven't tried) that using "parametrized" builds
one could instrument it to test against different Python interpreter
versions - currently i do this rather manually.

What i like about hudson is that it's rather straight forward to setup and
configure TTW and can also be tweaked directly on the server from
the command line.

holger