[TIP] starting testrun.org for testing in python

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Feb 10 06:02:38 PST 2010

Hi all,

This year i plan to work a lot on testing and Python - and one of my plans
is to build up some collective computing resources for testing.  Not tied to
any particular testing tool or practise but rather to Continous Integration
methods.

Here is the practical start of this effort::

    http://testrun.org

It doesn't have a fancy website such as Snakebite - in fact i really try
to outcompete Titus on KISS principles here and just start operating it :)

Note that I am using Hudson to get to know the current state of the art -
i realize it's not a perfect fit for Python.  It does have tons of plugins
though and is a standard in the Java world (guess-what i actually just did
some open-source strategy consulting in a Java shop and thus dived in :).

We can add more jobs and views to it and if anyone here has experience
and wants to help - i grant admin rights easily.  Particularly since i am
away after Pycon for 6 weeks.  It'd also be great if some Snakebite resources
or other resources could be added - just contact me or grab me at Pycon.
It should not take more than 5 minutes to set a new node.  Given
interest i'll setup a mailing list where we discuss matters further -
otherwise i presume it's ok to communicate a bit about this here.

Any feedback and ideas welcome. And again, this is *not* py.test specific
although i certainly want to make py.test integrate nicely.

cheers,
holger