[TIP] unittest issues and development

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:23:43 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> I can look at this after the current set of changes are worked through but
> it I'm much less likely to forget if there is a tracker issue. :-)

OK, I gave up on fixing my old login and just made a new one.  Bug here:

http://bugs.python.org/issue7897

>> The code is all BSD and we'd be more than happy to see it used
>> upstream; the less we have to carry the better :)
>>

> For code coming into core Python (anything beyond small patches anyway) the
> author has to sign a contributor agreement and then license the code to the
> PSF.

As indicated there, the code is mostly mine, with help from this list
for the 3.x version. If you end up interested in this let me know, and
I'll track down the emails about it to ensure I have full permission
to relicense the code, or if needed we can both sign agreements.  This
code doesn't depend on other ipython authors.

Thanks for all your hard work on unittest!

Cheers,