[TIP] nose with doctests and logging

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:16:54 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:32 PM, John Evans <john at milo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying set the log level for my unit tests to CRITICAL which makes my
> tests run much faster.  This works fine if I don't enable doc tests via the
> --with-doctests command line argument.  However, if I do enable doc tests it
> seems to ignore the logging configuration.  I looked through the source of
> the doc test plugin and I didn't see any obvious reason why this would
> be occurring.  Has anyone gotten this working or can anyone point me in the
> right direction for what I should be looking for in the source?

Hmm, I'm actually not sure how logging capture works in Nose when used
on doctests.  However, you could try setting --logging-filter=CRITICAL
or lower to see if that helps.  More info (perhaps) :
http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/0.11.1/plugins/logcapture.html

Or you could try --nologcapture to see if that does what you want.