[TIP] tox config format

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 09:28:53 PST 2010

Fellow Testers,

I spent a bit of time this morning setting up tox for one of my projects,
django-taggit (https://github.com/alex/django-taggit).  It's awesome, in
addition to testing with multiples pythons it's easy to test multiple
versions of Django by creating custom testenvs and altering the deps.
 However, it's rather verbose: most of the items:
https://github.com/alex/django-taggit/blob/master/tox.ini are copy-pastes of
one another.  I'm wondering whether there isn't something that could be done
to simplify this, some way to take the set of base envs (py25, py26, etc.)
and parameterize them along some axis, such as deps.  I don't have a
specific syntax proposal, but I'm curious if anyone else does.

Alex

"Code can always be simpler than you think, but never as simple as you want"
-- Me