[TIP] "disable" in patch

Herman Sheremetyev herman at swebpage.com
Sun Dec 12 02:53:38 PST 2010

If I understand your use case properly then what you really want is a
set of integration tests. If you really want to use the same tests for
integration as your unittests the way you describe, then you can
already accomplish the same goal by replacing the stubbing/patching
function with a function that doesn't stub them out when you run in
integration mode.

So instead of:

HTTP_CALLS = False
@patch(blah, disable=HTTP_CALLS)
def test():

You would write:

patch_function = patch
@patch(blah):
def test():

And then just change the value of patch to lambda or some empty
function when you want to test against the real server. The amount of
code is basically the same on your end.

Cheers,

-Herman