[TIP] coverage.py: how to report unimported files

Ryan campbellr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 15:04:26 PDT 2010

Hi Ned, thanks for the reply.

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> wrote:
> Any ideas?  Is --source sufficient?  Should it imply that all of the files
> in those trees should have been imported, or should there be another switch
> to turn that on (--complete?).  Is there a heuristic that would work for
> finding "should have been imported" code without a --source option?

To be honest, when I first read the documentation, I had assumed that
the --source option did what I wanted. So for my purposes assuming
that everything in the source path should be measured would work. Are
there use cases where you wouldn't care if some modules were
unimported? I would think that would be something that a developer
would want brought to his attention.

If there are other use cases that I am ignoring, then a --complete
switch would definitely be useful. Maybe others on the list have an
opinion

Thanks,

Ryan