[TIP] Automated Test Framework in python

Amit Uttamchandani amit.uttam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 11:02:21 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 09:21:24PM +0200, Geoff Bache wrote:
> > However, I am still looking around to see if there is anything else
> > that provides similar features as above.
>
> It might be worth taking a look at TextTest (http://texttest.org) also:
> it assumes that a test consists of a single terminating process
> that produces some files, and manages changes in the contents
> of those files. This means it can easily be used to wrap some other
> test tool or custom test script. It has a test management GUI to
> aid with managing suites, integrating with VCSs, extracting information
> from bug reporting systems and things like that.
>
> Regards,
> Geoff

Thanks for pointing this out.

I been a looking at it and I actually do like the concepts quite a bit.
However, I don't think I can use it for the testing that I do here since
textttest focuses on analyzing textual output. In our case, we have to
do a combination of web based testing coupled with embedded device
testing.

Amit