[TIP] Nose and multiprocess coverage analysis

Arve Knudsen arve.knudsen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 12:37:47 PDT 2010

Hello

I am seeking some feedback for my Nose branch, at
http://code.google.com/r/arveknudsen-cover-parallel/, which adds the
capability of analyzing coverage properly under multiple processes. My
branch adds the option "--cover-parallel" to turn on Coverage.py's parallel
mode, and also "--cover-rcfile" for specifying a configuration file to
Coverage.py (through which one may also enable parallel mode).

The practical effect of my changes is both that one can spawn subprocesses
from tests and analyze coverage within these (my original motivation), and
that one can analyze coverage under multiprocess Nose (cfr. the multiprocess
plugin). In order to test the latter functionality, you must check out the
named branch"multiprocess-coverage" (revision #728).

I have verified the functionality for myself, but would love some feedback
from others :)

Arve