[TIP] About assertMultilineEqual

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Sun Aug 15 18:21:04 PDT 2010

I had to bridge this gap for coverage.py, and ended up doing it for a
few methods, see
http://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/src/tip/test/backunittest.py

But this method bothers me: the Multiline aspect has nothing to do with
the comparison, only with the reporting of failed assertions.  Better
would be to have assertEqual be smart enough to recognize that the
arguments are multiline strings, and just do the right thing with them.

--Ned.