[TIP] [tox] tox.ini in a different location

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sat Aug 14 00:03:35 PDT 2010

Hi Mouad,

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:51 +0000, mouad ben wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> i have issue here using tox, in my case i want to run tox with a tox.ini
> file in a different location rather than being in the same directory as
> setup.py but it's not working .
>
> i'm using the command arg *-c* for specifying the configure file by running
> the command : *tox -c ~/tox.ini* in the directory where i have setup.py but
> the command fail while raising the exception : *tox._exception.MissingFile:
> MissingFile: /home/ubuntu/setup.py
> *
> can someone help me here please, thanks

Tox assumes that setup.py is in the same dir as the setup.py file.
You can change this behaviour according to:

    http://codespeak.net/tox/config.html

by setting the global variable:

    [tox]
    setupdir = ../
    toxworkdir = ../ # might make sense as well

This assumes that your setup.py containing directory is one
level up from your tox.ini config file.  Adapt as needed.

cheers,
holger