[TIP] nose2: the nosening

jason pellerin jpellerin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 06:12:42 PDT 2010

> Do you *just* want to load plugins and not any extra configuration into the
> config data structure? If that is the case why not just call loadPlugin for
> each of the plugins you want to load?

No, I want them to load just like plugins specified in a config file,
because if I don't, as you say...

> The config files won't be loaded at this stage, it just means that any info
> you want from the user config files should be pulled out in the
> pluginsLoaded event instead of the __init__ method of the plugin.

... then I have to write the auto-loaded plugins differently from
other plugins, which seems wrong. So I'd like some way to tell
TestProgram to load a batch of plugins along with whatever
user-specified ones it finds. Nose does this via an optional
addplugins arg to TestProgram -- which is also very useful in writing
tests for plugins. So I'd like to see something like that, or the
ability to specify one or more config files to load in addition to the
default/user-specified config.

JP