[TIP] paramterized or generative tests [was nose2: the nosening]

Rob Guttman robguttman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:08:04 PDT 2010

My use case for parameterized tests is module load/import time only.

Yield-style test generation is limited for my needs and I also sometimes
find those tests hard to understand.  So I wrote my own test framework about
a year or so ago that instead uses a decorator and auto-tags tests with each
param and value (so they can be individually selected via nose's attrib
plugin).  Tests get permuted across all combinations of parameters; new
tests get created and added to the test class on module import.  I would
love to find the right home/package for this work assuming others may find
it useful although it needs a bit more love for it to be shareable.
Ideas/suggestions welcome.

- Rob