[TIP] nose2: the nosening

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Aug 5 16:33:48 PDT 2010

On 05/08/2010 22:42, jason pellerin wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> http://bitbucket.org/jpellerin/nose2
>
> It begins! Requires the plugins branch of unittest2 from
> hg.python.org.

Great.

> Much does not actually work, because it's loading its
> plugins in a wrong and evil way.
>
> This brings up a unittest2 feature request, of course. As it stands
> it's not that easy for a framework to declare a bunch of plugins that
> it wants loaded automatically.

Do you *just* want to load plugins and not any extra configuration into
the config data structure? If that is the case why not just call
loadPlugin for each of the plugins you want to load?

The config files won't be loaded at this stage, it just means that any
info you want from the user config files should be pulled out in the
pluginsLoaded event instead of the __init__ method of the plugin.

All the best,

Michael Foord