[TIP] How to detect if you are running in "test mode"

Jorge Vargas jorge.vargas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 15:43:38 PDT 2010

One of the variables is precisely the path to the directory to fetch the
configuration file.

On Aug 4, 2010 6:21 PM, "Michael Foord" <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:

On 04/08/2010 22:59, Jorge Vargas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to decouple a package from it's depl...
In general having runtime behaviour that is different between tests and
deployment is generally a bad idea. Hardcoding paths is also generally a bad
idea. Perhaps you can solve both by using some form of configuration?

Michael Foord

> testing-...

-- http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on
behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and
waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses,
terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality,
non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies (”BOGUS
AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your employer, its
partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without
prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent
that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on
behalf of your employer.