[TIP] Code analysis tools and Hudson

Nicolas Trangez Nicolas.Trangez at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 28 02:19:31 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 11:13 +0200, Arve Knudsen wrote:
> Hi
>

> Does anyone have any examples of integrating code analysis of Python
> code with Hudson? We'd like to supplement our Python unittesting with
> static analysis, i.e. linting. It'd also be interesting to hear about
> which tools are popular for this purpose :)

I've been using the Hudson 'Violations' plugin with great success in
several projects, using PyLint for static code checking.

PyLint execution was performed in a custom step of the Hudson job.

More info at [1] and [2].

We use Nose's XUnit output as well (for which Hudson has built-in
support).

Good luck,

Nicolas

[1] http://redsolo.blogspot.com/2007/11/hudson-embraces-python.html