[TIP] ANN: unittest2 0.4.0 Release

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Apr 8 15:42:29 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 0.4.0 of unittest2.

* unittest2 on PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/unittest2
* Article introducing unittest2:
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles/unittest2.shtml
* Development docs for unittest (new features documented)
<http://docs.python.org/dev/library/unittest.html
* Mercurial Development Repository: http://hg.python.org/unittest2

unittest2 is an enhanced version of unittest including a standard test
runner (automatic test discovery), class and module level fixtures
(``setUpClass`` / ``setUpModule`` etc), many powerful new assert
methods, better resource management with ``addCleanups`` and a host of
other new features. These new features are *all* going into the Python
version of unittest in Python 2.7 and Python 3.2. The point of unittest2
is that it works with Python 2.4 - 2.6; you can use it now.

The latest release is 0.4.0, which roughly equates to the feature set
that will be in unittest in Python 2.7 beta 1 which is due out any
minute now. The last public release of unittest2 I announced was version
0.2.0 and there have been several new and important features since then.

For full details of all the new features, see my blog entry:

* http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/weblog/arch_d7_2010_04_03.shtml#e1171

All the best,

Michael Foord

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf
of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising
from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service,
shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure,
non-compete and acceptable use policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have
entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and
assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release
me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.