[TIP] ANN: oejskit 0.8.8 JavaScript in-browser testing with py.test plugin and unittest.py glue

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at openend.se
Tue Apr 6 08:37:30 PDT 2010

Hi, I just pushed a new release of OE jskit 0.8.8 to PyPI. Main points
of interest:

* the code to check for the presence of browsers locally has been
improved, browser specifications can now with confidence list absent
browsers and the respective runs/tests will be skipped

* added a workaround to a bug in Firefox 3.5 that interferes with the
global variable leak detection code, this is simply turned off for
FF3.5. The bug itself is fixed in FF3.6

About OE jskit:

jskit contains infrastructure and in particular a py.test plugin to
enable running unit tests for JavaScript code inside browsers.
It contains also glue code to run JavaScript tests from unittest.py
based test suites.

The approach also enables to write integration tests such that the
JavaScript code is tested against server-side Python code mocked as
necessary. Any server-side framework that can already be exposed through
WSGI can play.

The plugin requires py.test 1.1.1 and should also work with current trunk.

More information and downloading at:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/oejskit

including a changelog, documentation and the talk I gave at Europython 2009.

jskit was initially developed by Open End AB and is released under the
MIT license.

In various incarnations it has been in use and useful at Open End for
more than two years, we are quite happy to share it.

Samuele Pedroni for Open End