[TIP] Mocking frameworks

Raphael Marvie raphael.marvie at lifl.fr
Sun Apr 4 01:58:10 PDT 2010

On 4/4/10 1:08 AM, Kev wrote:
> Hello List,

Hi Kevin,

> I've been googling python mocking frameworks recently to find one that
> provides similar functionality, in terms of expectations, to Jmock2.
> Does anyone know which python mocking frameworks provide such
> functionality, and where the staste of the art is at the moment?

I love the typo "staste". A mix between state and taste. The answer will
definitely be taste based as we all have different minds.

For doctest, my taste goes for the simplicity (and powerfulness) of
minimock. [1]
For unittest, my taste goes for mockito for Python [2].

But this is just my taste (at the moment).

r.

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/MiniMock/1.0
[2] http://code.google.com/p/mockito/wiki/MockitoForPython

--