[TIP] RFC: additional data in unittest TestResult outcomes

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Sep 22 04:53:47 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 12:42 +0100, Michael Foord wrote:

> I have a preference for adding a keyword argument over proliferating
> methods. That's about my only comment at this point. :-)

I want to overhaul how we do outcomes too; we have too many methods and
its unclear what things like:
result.startTest(self)
result.addSuccess(self)
result.addSkipped(self, "haha")
result.stopTest(self)

mean.

Thoughts on how to solve this appreciated!

[I have another bunch of points; like I say, I need to write it all
up ;P]

I'll probably blog about the overall thing I want to achieve shortly;
I'll link it here.

This stuff is what 'unittest ain't broke, lets fix it' was aiming at.

-Rob