[TIP] including tests in packages, or not

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 05:03:58 PDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 19:35 -0700, C. Titus Brown wrote:
>
>> -> or somesuch.  It helps tremendously to know what your test suite does
>> -> on their machine, before starting to dig deeper.
>>
>> Yep!
>>
>> I plan to get it working with
>>
>>       python -m tagnabbit.tests
>>
>> which seems nice and simply (especially if I can get it reporting back
>> to my CI server, heh).
>
> I ran into a little buglet with that in 2.6 the other day. 2.7 will be a
> lot better because of the test loading/discovery work thats been done.
>
> For 2.6 it would be great if loadTestsFromName supported callables -
> then you can use the test_suite idiom to have:

What's wrong with setuptools test command ?

IMO, if someone needs something like this then it would always be
possible to subclass TestLoader . Why should that be included in the
top-level (i.e. very simple ;o) TestLoader class ?

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Solo 12 minutos ... para volver a nacer  -
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-es/~3/L0etLsqDEBI/solo-12-minutos-para-volver-nacer.html