[TIP] GHOP to run again - HELP?

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Mon Sep 14 07:08:49 PDT 2009

Dear testers,

the Google Highly Open Participation contest ('GHOP') is going to run
again this year, assuming they can get some help with the Melange app.

---

If you're not familiar with GHOP, it is a contest framework that lets
Google pay students for doing small units of work (coding, testing, doc
writing, etc.) on a wide variety of projects.  It was a success for the
PSF last time,

   http://code.google.com/opensource/ghop/2007-8/

in that tons of doc changes and test fixes got committed to core, many
other projects benefitted, and most of the people involved had a pretty
good time.

However, BEFORE GHOP CAN RUN AGAIN, we (Google + GHOP enthusiasts) need
help with the Melange application.  It's a bit clunky, it hasn't been
used for GHOP before, and it needs some development and a lot of
testing.  Since it's written in Python/Django, and I happen to know
there are a lot of good testing tools available for both Python and
Django, I hope the Python community can help out.

What can I do?
--------------

Forward this message on to people you know.

Forward it on or post it publicly, or suggest places for me to post it.

Get involved!

How do I get involved?

Join melange dev:

    http://groups.google.com/group/melange-soc-dev

Areas where melange could use some help:

    http://groups.google.com/group/melange-soc-dev/msg/7a57c798441fd0e8

My blog posts on the subject:

    http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/sep-09/ghop-to-run-again.html
    http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/sep-09/ghop-conference-call.html