[TIP] including tests in packages, or not

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Sep 13 19:35:16 PDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 07:32:48PM -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:
-> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 6:55 PM, C. Titus Brown <ctb at msu.edu> wrote:
-> >
-> > ? ?tagnabbit/
-> > ? ? ? __init__.py
-> > ? ? ? ...
-> > ? ? ? tests/
-> >
->
-> That's what we always do to make sure the tests get installed as part
-> of the package, and not just on the developer's machines.  When users
-> report problems, it's much nicer to tell them:
->
-> """
-> first, run
-> python -c 'import tagnabbit;tagnabbit.test(verbose=True)'
->
-> and paste the result of that for us.
-> """
->
-> or somesuch.  It helps tremendously to know what your test suite does
-> on their machine, before starting to dig deeper.

Yep!

I plan to get it working with

	python -m tagnabbit.tests

which seems nice and simply (especially if I can get it reporting back
to my CI server, heh).

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu