[TIP] - acceptness test frame work?

Pekka Klärck peke at iki.fi
Thu Sep 10 01:44:45 PDT 2009

[ Replying to an old main because I didn't read TIP actively during summer. ]

2009/7/29 Laurent Ploix <laurent.ploix at gmail.com>:

> I also have the impression that Robot and Fit differ in other areas. Robot
> seems to be better at handling high-level
> reports http://robotframework.googlecode.com/svn/tags/robotframework-2.0.4/doc/userguide/src/ExecutingTestCases/report_failed.png),
> while Fit is more about testing that a certain of expected values are
> correct (http://www.jamesshore.com/fit/introduction/progress.gif)

I don't think there's too much difference between testing capabilities
of Robot Framework and Fit(nesse). With both of them the actual
verification is done by test libraries (or fixtures, depending on
terminology) and the framework is just handling reporting. I do agree
that Robot's reports and log are really good.

> As far as I understand:
> - Robot will take a number of scenarios, and for each of them, it will stop
> at the first error/failure.

It's true that the framework stops executing a single tests when a
keyword it executes fails. These keyword can, however, internally do
as many checks it wants and decide when to stop. We are also planning
to add support to continue execution after failures in the future [1].

[1] http://code.google.com/p/robotframework/issues/detail?id=137

Cheers,
    .peke
--