[TIP] Fwd: - ATP problem

Pekka Klärck peke at iki.fi
Wed Sep 9 14:29:20 PDT 2009

2009/9/2 yoav glazner <yoavglazner at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Grig Gheorghiu <grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM, yoav glazner<yoavglazner at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > PyFit/ Fittness is really the only way to go?
>> >

>> I'd also look into the Robot Framework, an acceptance test framework
>> inspired by  Fit, but more maintained than Fitnesse from what I can
>> see. It was open sourced from Nokia.
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/robotframework/
>
> Also tried Robot, its not that readable to non-programmer eyes.

Could you clarify what's the problem with readability? I know I'm
totally biased, I'm the lead developer of this framework, but I
consider for example test cases in the quick start guide [1] pretty
easy to read. In the latest release we also made creating very
readable behavior-driven development (BDD) style tests easier. The
best publicly available example about this approach is in the user
guide [2] but I plan to write a blog post about this subject at some
point. Another nice feature in the latest release is the ability to
use plain text for writing tests [3] in addition to earlier supported
HTML and TSV.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/robotframework/wiki/QuickStartGuide
[2] http://robotframework.googlecode.com/svn/tags/robotframework-2.1.1/doc/userguide/RobotFrameworkUserGuide.html#behavior-driven-development-example
[3] http://code.google.com/p/robotframework/issues/detail?id=375