[TIP] argv with unitest

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 05:53:41 PDT 2009

I have tried using the
http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=4829 for a reference
but I am still having problems,

I think I should take couple of steps back....and write some
pseudocode for a good testing framework template.

Foo.pl -- The purpose is to to count from 1 to 100

Arguments

--help -h
--stdout -s
--stderr -e

Should raise an exception if a wrong argument was given and run a
Usage() function

I would invoke it like this:

python Foo.pl --stdout outfile --stderr errorfile

My tests would be like this:
If stdout is set, will it create a file of stdout?

If --help or -h is set the Usage() call should be called and return an
error code 1

If --help and --stdout is set --help should over ride and still return
an error code 1

How can I incorporate this to a good testing framework?