[TIP] Finding a way to support test data (logs) in unittest [WAS] Determine test status in tearDown method

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:15:12 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Robert Collins
> <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 09:28 -0700, Jesse Thompson wrote:

[...]
>> Perhaps we should instead 'just' add the
>> 'attach_details' API,
>
> Name's toooooo long why not just `tc.log.xxx` or `tc.xxx` thus
> providing an interface compatible with logging module . This would
> imply that :
>
>  - interface is well known and std

[...]

... and I forgot something ...

>> A separate discussion can be had about
>> whether we can/should get rid of the error/reason fields on many
>> outcomes - with the attachment facility they would be redundant and
>> limiting.
>>

> Perhaps, but maybe they are special enough to be considered in
> different ways. Nonetheless they still fit to have a uniform treatment
> considering the Command thing I mentioned above

But if this is not the selected approach then backwards compatibility
is still possible. AFAICS only a few properties will need to be added.

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Gasol in for Spain: they lead european basket  -
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-en/~3/QnrH66KHXHk/gasol-in-for-spain-they-lead-european.html