[TIP] About support for warnings in TestCase [WAS] Determine test status in tearDown method

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:12:11 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 09:32 -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:
>>
>> I had to extend TestRunner and TestResult in order to do that and ,
>> since TCs having warnings are reported as successful TCs , I also had
>> to override `addSuccess` (and probably something inside TestRunner ;o)
>> in order to replace `ok` label by `WARNINGS` label. You get more or
>> less verbose output (i.e. warning details) using the usual options in
>> `unittest` mdl
>
> We really need to fold all the reporting of TestRunner into
> TextTestResult and make that public.
>
> Olemis, I'd like it if you can think about how you would be able to do
> that if my major conceptual bugs are fixed in unittest - so that you
> could do this sort of extensions *and have it work with other test
> results*.

It seems that I was asking something like that in the other thread ...
It's just like films where the good guy (cowboy) faces the other and
both shoot at the same time and the people watching wonder ...

  - Did he hurt him ?
  - What happened with his bullet ?

and that's what I'm asking : what happened with my bullet ?

XD

PS: Seriously . Let me see. So far I just can say that it's a very big
question for such a tiny brain like mine ...

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/