[TIP] upgrade to coverage 3.1 gives new message (nosexunit requires coverage==2.85)

Mark Waite markwaite at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 07:30:12 PDT 2009

On two of my Debian systems, I installed / upgraded to coverage 3.1.  After that change, the nosexunit plugin now complains each time I run nosetests from the command line.

The complaint says:

RuntimeWarning: Unable to load plugin nosexunit = ... Requirement.parse('coverage==2.85')

Is there a simple way for me to avoid this run time warning (edit a file in the nosexunit plugin, or something else)?

The warning does not appear to harm the functionality I need.  nose generates the nosetests.xml file, and coverage generates the coverage.xml file when called.

Thanks,
Mark Waite