[TIP] nose/py.test plugins

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Tue Nov 24 09:47:36 PST 2009

Hi Ross,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:30 +0000, Ross Lawley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the heads up about the repository.  I wasn't too sure what the
> situation was with bitbucket as I'm new to hg, but seems very similar to
> github work flows so all good there!  I found a good hg manual:
> http://hgbook.red-bean.com/
>
> Anyway, I've branched off coveragepy and created a repo:
>
> http://bitbucket.org/rozza/coverage-test-runner/

cool.

> I've added runner.py which is a utility wrapper for test plugins.  I've
> written a pytest and a nose plugin, I've use the pytest one locally with my
> codebase and it works great.  I've tested the nose plugin but haven't
> actually used it in anger - so it may need tweaking!
>

> Any feedback let me know - I'm not sure on the option parsing - you'll see
> why!

* options should be added in an explicit order (putting them on
  a class randomizes the order).

* with the py.test-1.1.1 is it now possible to register a plugin
  via a "pytest11" setuptools entry point.   Nose has such a
  mechanism as well, so we should use this for integration
  with the tools.

* with py.test coverage is always run, we probably need some
  "--cover" option which defaults to False and does not do
  any coverage changes.

I've implemented a diff that addresses the two last points.
see the attachment.

cheers,
holger