[TIP] nose/py.test plugins

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Tue Nov 24 04:45:20 PST 2009

Ross,

Thanks so much for taking this on.

On the omit handling: it's very clear that I need to beef up how to
control coverage.py's attention.  The current handling is simplistic.
In fact, the current scheme doesn't make much sense: data is collected
for all code, then at the end, a bunch of files are omitted from the
report.  Better would be to ignore the files during data collection.

In addition, I'd like to add a .ini file for coverage.py to control all
sorts of aspects of its execution, including which files to ignore.

So I want to make sure that these plug-ins play well with those (future)
improvements to coverage.  I know this is a bit much to ask at this point.

Lastly, I'm trying to get my head around how to unit test this plug-in code!

--Ned.