[TIP] nose/py.test plugins

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Fri Nov 20 00:36:27 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 20:55 -0500, Ned Batchelder wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
>> David Stanek <dstanek at dstanek.com> writes:

>>> Can't you clone it on bitbucket?
>>>

>> Someone needs to teach Ned how to collaborate using Mercurial and
>> Bitbucket, I think.
>>
>> Cloning Ned's repository and making changes available in one's clone is
>> the right way to do it (not least because it means one doesn't need
>> write access to Ned's repository in order to contribute revisions to his
>> code base), but that will only work if Ned gets some learnin' from
>> someone.
>>

> There are many things I don't know about hg and BB, and I would be glad
> to learn.  Chiding is all well and good, but teaching is more effective!
> Even a pointer to a focused tutorial would be helpful.  Mercurial offers
> a bewildering array of options for moving code around: cloning, forking,
> branching, patch queues, bundles, maybe more.
>
> I made the repo at holger's request, but nothing has happened there yet.

quick note: i was travelling, birthday-partying and now am ill :/  But i talked
to Ross who is the original pytest_coverage author and am glad he gets involved.
And working commonly on a joint repository makes sense in my opinion.  Sometimes
mercurial/BB/DVCSes can lead to "over-individualisation" if you ask me.

holger